Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spinach Pear Salad

I was attending a social gathering of some sort a few years ago when I ate this salad.  I immediately had to ask my friend the ingredients and promptly wrote them down.  Many many moons later I remembered I liked my friend Patrick's spinach salad but I couldn't remember what was in it exactly...so I messaged his wife and she wrote me back the ingredients.  Have you figured it out yet?  Many MORE moons later, after I had moved again (good time to lose things), I remembered I really liked Patrick's salad but couldn't quite remember all the ingredients.  I emailed his wife one more time and vowed to store it in a million different places so I'd never lose it again. : )

What better place than the internet?

The funniest part is the simplicity of the actual ingredient list that I am so good at forgetting:
          Fresh spinach
          Fresh pears, chopped
          Candied almonds
          Poppyseed dressing

I swear that list was longer 3 years ago...now I just feel silly.

1 comment:

  1. When I planned my Christmas menu my hubby asked if I can make a pear salad, it's out favorite too.

    Wishing you the gift of faith, the blessing of hope and the peace of His love at Christmas and always.
    Happy Holidays,
    Roxana

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!