Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Official

I am a real-live food blogger.

I didn't believe it at first - I thought, of all people, I should not be one sharing cooking tips to the public.  But, on the flip side, sharing my stories of learning how to cook may be beneficial to someone after all!  I hope so anyway...

At the moment, I am certainly making do with the resources that I have, and having fun doing it, too.  I love sharing my kitchen experiences, however sparse they are right now due to our moving to a different continent and all that...

Sometimes my family thinks I'm crazy because I'm taking pictures of food before they're allowed to eat it, but they're getting used to it!  Here's a funny photo from a past post where they were just really good sports about smiling with yummy food in front of them and not being able to eat it.

I must say that I miss my gas stove.  When Mike and I get rich (ha) and build our dream home, that will definitely be a must.  Here is the best picture I can find of our little tiny range in our apartment in Peru.  The oven was about as wide as a medium pizza pan.

And, once again, I just want to point out the new "Conversions" page on the top of this site.  I really haven't seen a lot of these on most "foodie" blogs and am proud to say that I use it ALL the time!

Thank you to my loyal followers for reading my blog.  I am entering my blog into a contest with foodbuzz (see their badge on the right) and, in a few days, you will have an opportunity to vote for me!  Are you excited??

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've been bitten by the food bug :-). Your blog reflects your love of food and that is a very nice thing to see. I am new here and found you via the FoodBuzz Food Blog Project. I can't wait to see your entry for the next leg of the competition. I wish you the very best of luck. I hope you are having a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi .. really like yr honest and frank way of bloggin ... just started readin yr blog only , but must say its very charming ...

    do come by mine as well sometimes soon ... www.thesilverchef.com

    happy bloogggginn!! and good luck with the competition!

    ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary! I am really excited for the competition and hope I at least make it to the second round - that one sounds really fun. :)

    And Ian - thank you, too! It's been really fun to get going with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I voted for you! =) Good luck!

    Check out my post: http://www.foodbuzz.com/project_food_blog/challenges/1/view/503

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jacob! I voted for you a little earlier today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got my vote! It's amazing how we find ourselves suddenly food bloggers, almost by accident! :-)

    I'm taking part too, and it's awesome to see such great competition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post... Good luck with PFB - I voted for you!
    If you'd like to check out my post - you can find it here: http://bit.ly/9JXLNL

    ReplyDelete
  8. you got my vote! hopefully you can build that dream kitchen with mike :)
    Lick My Spoon

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!